Ethos Students Summer 2020
Ethos Students Summer 2020
This page lists general information for our big events for Ethos Students happening in summer 2020. Pay attention to the ethos students weekly email for sign up information and deadlines that will be coming soon. Go to this page to subscribe to our weekly emails if you do not currently receive them. All of the grade requirements listed on this page are based on the 2019-20 school calendar
Generate 2020 Announcement:
- When: June 15-19
- Who: Current 6th -
12th gradestudents & adults
- Where: Wake Forrest University in Winston-Salem, NC
- Cost: $270 if you sign up by January 26; price will rise if spots are available after Jan 26. There is a $50 deposit due upon sign up per family.*(see registration note at bottom of page)
- Sign Up Deadline: January 26
- We have 35 spots pre-registered. There's a chance we can get more but there is no guarantee we will be able to. Sign up before January 26 to secure your spot and the $270 rate.
- Camp Theme Video: https://youtu.be/_JcW_N4kbIM
- Camp Experience Video: https://youtu.be/2_QEO7EV34E
- Why You Should Come: This will be our 4th summer going to GENERATE camp!
Campis an incredible opportunity to grow deeper with Jesus, have a blast with friends, have conversations that matter, and make memories. The goal for us going to camp is for it to have an impact on the other 51 weeks out of our year and the GENERATE team does an excellent job of making that happen. GENERATE brings in great teachers, leads impactful worship gatherings, creates space for prayer and enriching conversation, and cultivates an environment for growth. We are heading to Wake Forrest University for the first time this year for GENERATE. Wake Forrest is a beautiful campus with an award winning cafeteria; as I was asking GENERATE staff last year which was their favorite campus, most mentioned Wake Forrest. Camp has plenty of opportunities for fun: talent show, sports, games, swimming, dancing, a 5k, drama, dodgeball, music, etc. You don't want to miss GENERATE!
- Location: St. Louis
- Who: Current 6-8th grade students & adult volunteers
- When: June 28 - July 3
- Cost: $400*(see registration note at bottom of page)
- Registration Deadline: February 23
- Registration Details: Our capacity is 30 and we want at least 6 adults
- Why You Should Come to St. Louis: Ethos Students’ purpose for going on mission trips is to practice living on mission together. We provide these opportunities to learn from others who are doing Kingdom work that we can partner with to advance the work that they are doing. Our hope is that all of our participants are formed by their experience in a way that shapes how they follow Jesus back home in Nashville. This will be our second year of taking our middle school students to St. Louis and partnering with the Street Reach Ministry of Apostle’s church downtown. Our group will host backyard bible clubs in local apartment complexes to live out and share the gospel with children and their families. Students will lead worship, teaching, games, snacks, and host the children during Bible clubs each morning. In the afternoon, our group will serve in various capacities throughout the city in partnership with Street Reach. All of these activities are opportunities for our students to grow in leadership, build confidence, work as a team, love for their neighbors, and worship Jesus by living out his ways. We are excited to watch God work and also build up our students into the women and men he created them to be.
- Location: Eastern Kentucky
- Who: Current 9-12th grade students & adult volunteers
- When: June 28 - July 4
- Cost: $260*(see registration note at bottom of page)
- Registration Deadline: February 23
- Registration Details: We currently have registered for 15 spots but can get more if people register quickly. We would like at least 4 adults on this trip.
- Why You Should Come to Eastern Kentucky: Ethos Students’ purpose for going on mission trips is to practice living on mission together. We provide these opportunities to learn from others who are doing Kingdom work that we can partner with to advance the work that they are doing. Our hope is that all of our participants are formed by their experience in a way that shapes how they follow Jesus back home in Nashville. This will be our first time partnering with Big Creek Missions. Big Creek has been serving the wonderful people of Appalachia since 2003 offering free home repairs, community programs, children’s programs, teen outreach, and food distribution among those living in rural poverty. Their stated purpose in offering mission trip opportunities is “to expose the outside groups to the rich culture of Appalachia and introduce people to missional living so they can go home and identify the needs in their own hometown.” Each member of our team will decide whether they want to spend their week with a construction team, community outreach team, children’s ministry team, or teenage outreach team. We will spend the bulk of our day serving throughout Leslie county and then gather alongside other groups for a time of worship and teaching and then small groups together. Everyone who joins us will be challenged and have the opportunity for formation into living out our mission as the people of God together. If you go to www.bigcreekmissions.org you’ll find photos of their facilities, information about their history, and why they do what they do. All of these activities are opportunities for our trip participants to grow in leadership, build confidence, work as a team, love for their neighbors, and worship Jesus by living out his ways. We are excited to watch God work and also build up our students into the women and men he created them to be.
[sign ups not available yet]
- Location: Nashville!
- When: July 20-23 & mandatory training Saturday, July 18
- Who: Our entire church is invited to participate (students are the engine though!)
- Cost: TBD
- Why You Should Participate: Power Up Clubs are an excellent way to engage our neighborhoods on mission with the gospel. We will gather at the ethos offices around 2:30pm every day and then split up into our teams to travel to our host homes. Host homes are families in our congregation who have invited their neighborhood kids (and parents) to gather on their lawn for 75 minutes for activities, games, crafts, a bible story, and community. Our team will lead the entire program and engage with the families. Then, every team will travel to a second host home to do another power up club, as every team will participate in 2 power up clubs a day (the same 2 every day). After both clubs are over, all teams will travel back to the office for dinner and team time. Each night will look different but we plan on going bowling one night (included in the cost), having a worship and testimony night, gym games one night, and another activity as well. We plan to finish around 8:30 - 9:00 each night. Entire families are invited to participate! If you want to grow in friendship with our ethos students family, take steps in leadership, serve our city, and share the gospel; then you should join us for Power Up Clubs this summer! Last year we saw a ton of growth in our students. We witnessed students step out of their comfort zone, teach, lead, empower, and walk with kids of all ages and backgrounds. This was absolutely one of our favorite weeks out of the year. If you want your student to grow, have them partner with us for power up clubs.
*Registration Deadline Commitment
If you are registered for a trip by the registration deadline, we are expecting you to come on the trip and you are committing to pay for that spot in full, one week before the trip. If you must back out for whatever reason, you are still required to pay in full unless another student is able to take it, which we are not able to guarantee. If it is too close to the actual trip, we may not even be able to replace your spot with another student per the organization we are working with.