Merry Christmas, Ethos!
We hope you've had a wonderful weekend as you prepare for Christmas!
Unfortunately, we are writing tonight to inform you that our plans regarding our In-Person Candlelight Gathering on Sunday afternoon have changed.
In light of some developments regarding COVID-19 over the past week, the Elders, along with the Direction Team have decided to cancel the In-Person Candlelight Gathering. This was a hard and sad decision for us to make because we know how special the Candlelight Gathering is for our church family. We were quite hopeful wae would be able to meet in person, but several escalating factors over the last few days have led us to move this special worship gathering from in-person to online.
Some of the factors that influenced this decision include:
- Tennessee now has the highest per capita infection rate of any state in the U.S.
- Hospital ICU capacity across our state is currently stretched thin resulting in people being transferred out of state or turned away from the care they need.
- Several folks within our church, staff, and leadership have either tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19 in the last couple of days.
- Many in our church family hope to spend time with their family this week, and we want to help them actually get to do that.
- Throughout the pandemic, we've tried to make the wisest decisions possible regarding in-person gatherings in regards to the latest information from our city officials, venue owners, the CDC, and the current status of people within our church community.
We will miss being together for what, in years past, has been one of the highlights of the year. However, the message and purpose of the gathering remains true even without our gathering. “The true light that gives light to all mankind has come into the world…the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” (John 1:5 & 9) May we all shine brightly with the light of Christ as we spend time with friends and family in the coming week.
GATHER WITH US ONLINE @ 10AM for WEEK 4 of ADVENT
Make plans to finish out week 4 of Advent with us online at 10am. Grab your Bible and have your communion elements ready as we plan to receive communion together.
GATHER WITH US ONLINE @ 4:30PM for CANDLELIGHT GATHERING
Even though we are not able to meet in-person, we are still going to celebrate together at 4:30pm. You can use your own candles, or stop by the Ethos Offices on Sunday (2301 8th Ave South) to pick up candles on the front steps of the office. Gather in groups of 8 or less (if in Davidson County) — gather with friends, family, or roommates and join us for our Online Candlelight Gathering!
Tune in with those you love, and let's make the most of the moment as we celebrate the beauty of Jesus together!
You can find everything you need online at ethoschurch.org/advent. (Worship Gathering video will be posted at 9:30am; Candlelight Gathering video will be posted at 4:30pm)
We love you Ethos Church. Thanks for being such a resilient, hope-filled community in the midst of a challenging year. We will see you online tomorrow!