WELL...It may be fall...but the winter temperatures are HERE!
The temperatures will be dropping over the next couple days and we want to do everything we can to ensure that no one freezes to death on our streets this year. Open Table Nashville will be hosting Emergency Winter Warming Shelters when the temperatures drop to 25 or below.
If you are willing to volunteer for any of the following positions throughout the winter season, please email
- Inn Keeper (spend the night with another volunteer at one of our shelters 8pm-7:30am)
- AM/ PM Transportation (drive a van to pick our friends up and/ or take them home in the am)
- Kitchen Coordinator (make sure all food is warmed, set out, & coffee stays made), 5pm-8pm
- Laundry (someone to pick up the laundry in the am & wash it for the next day's shelter)
- Sign-In Table (greet our friends when they come to the shelter)
- Set Up Team (4:30pm) and Clean Up Team (7:00am)
- Floater Volunteers (anytime between 4:30pm and 7:30am to help fill in the gaps)
If you are willing to provide any of the following needs, please email
- Coffee, Creamer, Sugar
- Paper Products (coffee cups, paper towels, paper bowls, paper plates, napkins, plasticware)
- Cleaning Supplies (Clorox Wipes, Lysol spray, Dish Detergent)
- Blankets, towels, twin sheets (can be gently used!)
- Hand warmers, hats, heavy duty gloves, thermal underwear, coats & scarves.